4. WHAT OTHERS MAY SEE ABOUT YOU
When using the Omigoo App, you should assume that anything
you post or submit on the App may be publicly-viewable and accessible, both by Users of the App and non-users of the App. We want our Users to be careful about posting information that may eventually be made public.
Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your profile. Where you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive information about yourself, you are explicitly consenting to our processing of this information and making it public to other Users.
Your Omigoo profile and other information you make available via the App may be viewed and shared by Users with individuals who may or may not be Users of the App.
Please also note that in certain countries (currently, South Korea only) Users are provided with functionality enabling them to download a copy of their conversation history (as this is required by local laws) and that Omigoo has no control over how Users may then publish or use that information.5. OUR POLICY TOWARDS AGE.
Although we want as many people as possible to enjoy our creation, you have to be at least 18 years old to use the App.
Omigoo does not knowingly collect any information about or market to children, minors or anyone under the age of majority. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal data, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their Profile information. If we do delete a Profile because you violated our no children rules, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new Profile.6. SECURITY.
Omigoo has implemented appropriate security measures to protect and prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure and alteration of the information under our control, including your personal data. We use reasonable security measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information.
Unfortunately, no app or Internet transmission is ever completely 100% secure and even we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur, but here are some handy tips to help keep your data secure:
- Please make sure you log out of your Account after use as you never know who may stumble onto your Account!
- Please don’t share the password you use to access your Omigoo Account with anyone else!
- Change your password periodically.
If you ever think someone has had access to your password or Account, please follow the steps set out here. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while it is being transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
7**. YOUR RIGHTS.**
Privacy laws applicable in your country may give you the following rights:
- Right to be informed: what personal data an organisation is processing and why (this notice).
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
The particular rights which are applicable to you (which might include other rights not listed above) may vary depending on your country. You should make yourself aware of the rights you have under applicable privacy laws in your country.
If you want to exercise any of your rights listed above please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection and the protection of all of our Users, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity before we can answer the above requests.
If you have a concern about how we have processed your request or your personal data, you should contact us in the first instance via the contact details listed above.
8**. DATA LOCATIONS.**
We want you to be able to access Omigoo wherever you happen to be in the world. The hardware is located in third-party data centres but is owned by SKL.VC
SIA. Data collected by Advertising Partners and other Service Providers may also be held outside the European Economic Area. We ensure that the data is adequately protected by ensuring that valid, legal mechanisms are in place such as: EU approved model clauses, and implementing robust contractual standards.
9**. DATA RETENTION AND DELETION.**
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the legal basis relied upon (as set out in Section 2 above) and as permitted by applicable law. Please see “Profile Verification Information (Including Biometric Information)” in Section 1, above, to learn about our retention policy with respect to biometric information.
When your Account is deleted, we make sure it is no longer viewable on the App. For up to 28 days it is still possible to restore your Account if it was accidentally deleted. After 28 days, we begin the process of deleting your personal information from our systems, unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, if you make purchases within the App, some personal data may need to be kept for tax and accounting purposes);
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law (for example, if an account is blocked, we keep some account information and a record of the behaviour that led to the block - this information is retained for evidential purposes in case of queries or legal claims concerning the block);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users’ safety and security (for example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account).
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by others. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information, they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
10**. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.**